Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Introducing Bennett Charles Strain......

AUGUST 22, 2011
Bennett Charles Strain
joined our family.
9 lbs. 21 inches.


We anxiously awaited for the phone call to go to the hospital and I was finally induced at 10:00 am (he broke my water first).  I was expecting to have a faster labor than I did with Roman, but this little guy had other plans!  There was very little progression (at a 4) by about 3:00 pm, and his heart rate started dipping.  Dr. Terry said that the cord was most likely wrapped around his neck or shoulder and he may not be able to come down the birth canal. He mentioned the word C section and of course I had a meltdown. So, they took me off the pitocin to see if his heart rate would go back to normal, and luckily it did, so they put me back on Pitocin and I finally started progressing. He arrived at 7:21 pm, and I could not believe I just gave birth to a 9 pound baby! Wew! He has the cutest chubby cheeks and we are so blessed to have a healthy baby boy. 





Big Bro Roman has no idea whats going on. 

Love.








5 comments:

shayna said...

Congratulations. You are such a pretty woman. I hope I can look that pretty just after having a baby.

Shauna said...

Must be all the hormones but I just started getting all teary thinking about what a wonderful little family you are. Love you guys!!

Niki McDowell said...

I am so jealous at how amazing you look just after having a baby, no fair. Congrats, he's so handsome!

camille said...

Congratulations, Strain family!! Bennett is perfection and Roman is the coolest big bro around. Loved the pix and so happy for you guys. You look seriously gorgeous, too!

Natalie & Chase Gustman said...

what a cute baby and what a pretty mommy! congrats he is adorable!