Saturday, January 16, 2010

Roman Judd Strain



Roman was born December 20th at 11:59 am. He weighed 6 lbs. 13 ounces. My water broke at 4:00 am and on the way to the hospital Jared stopped to get a Redbull since everyone warned Jared how exhausting babies can be. Once we got to the hospital they started me on Pittosin (not sure how you spell that?), but his heart rate was dipping, so they would take me off it. So, we thought it would take a while, but in less than an hour I went from a 3 to a 9 (dialating). So, after that everything happen pretty quickly. I was lucky not to feel much pain, except the very beginning of contractions. Man, that epidural is truly amazing!  We are so blessed to have a healthy baby and were so happy he came just in time for Christmas! Our lives have changed so much already. I still can't believe I am a mommy! Jared is so in love with him, and it has been so fun to watch him with Roman. We hope you all had a great holiday!













11 comments:

Scott said...

I have honestly been waiting and waiting for this post since I don't have any other way to contact you and knew your baby was due around Christmas. No surprise, Roman is gorgeous. I'm so happy he's here safe and sound and that everyone is doing well. Kiss him for me.

Scott said...

Sorry - this is Malia...not Scott.

Kylie Blackwell said...

Oh he is really just so cute! I am so happy for you and hubby to get such a cute kid! Congrats!

Cacia said...

So excited for you guys! He is great :)

McEwen Family said...

Congrats you guys, he is adorable!!! Enjoy every minute of Roman b/c they grow too fast! Hope you are all doing well.

Natalie & Chase Gustman said...

oh my gosh Christina he is amazing! so so cute! I am so happy for you guys! I have been checking your blog a million times waiting for the pictures! Next time you come to the salon be sure to bring him! I think he looks like you by the way! so cute! congrats!

shayna said...

You should have at least 4 more exactly like him. Well done.

camille said...

SOOO happy for you guys! Roman is one serious cutie pie. Love these pics! Hope you are getting some rest!! If you aren't, don't worry...some day you will. Just think that when you are dead tired! Congrats!

Katie said...

It's about time:) I wanted to know every little detail but I know how busy and tired you are the last thing you want to do is talk on the phone. Call me in a year when you are sleeping again. He is beautiful and so very lucky to have you as his mommy. Much love.

Melissa said...

AH! He's perfect looking! Congrats you guys! Parenthood rocks!

ShOrt StoRy said...

Yay...I know I am commenting late, but I can't wait to snuggle him! I better see him before he's not a baby anymore!;)
So happy for you guys!